At Grace Place BnB we are concerned about the environment and our aim is to recycle and conserve.
In order to promote good environmental practices and awareness at all levels of the business, from Management to staff, we will en devour to minimize the impact our establishment has on the environment as follows:
- To identify and regularly monitor the significant environmental impacts of our activities.
- To prevent pollution and minimize waste, reducing our use of utilities so as to conserve natural resources and reduce outputs of emissions to the atmosphere, whilst maintaining the comfort and safety of our guests.
- To recycle, re-use or recover materials wherever practicable.
- To comply with all relevant legislation and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts.
- To develop and increase responsible purchasing methods to include the sourcing of environmentally friendly products and locally produced goods, whilst promoting and encouraging suppliers and clients in developing responsible behavior with regard to the environment.
- To actively promote environmental awareness within the BnB, in order to enable the use of products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- To communicate, co-operate and respond to the views of interested parties, including customers and the general public, on environmental issues where this is practicable and likely to result in an improvement of environmental performance.
- To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.
Some practical examples of our environmental actions:
- Our water is heated by Suntank solar panels systems.
- We use low-energy equivalent light bulbs (LED) where suitable. Outside lighting is controlled by day night switches. Night light is supplied in common areas with 2W LED lights.
- We recycle our plant material waste from cooking and morning fruit salads in our homemade compost bin and the end product compost is used in our vegetable garden.
- We are in the process of converting the garden to indigenous water wise plants such as aloes, succulents and local grasses.
- Glass, paper, tins, cardboard and plastic bottles are all recycled with the use of labelled bins and we support the NG Church Magalieskruin's recycling initiative.
- Office paper and envelopes are reused where possible and printer cartridges recycled.
- When electrical appliances are replaced we do so with low energy rated products.
- Soap and shower gel is provided in refillable containers.
- The use of cleaning agents is minimized by the use of microfiber cloths.
I always feel welcome. The rooms are comfortable and everything works well. Dinner is good. I plan to come back soon.
Dinner at Grace Place is always of good quality and very enjoyable. I look forward to coming back.